Saturday, July 20, 2019

Doc Says Okay To Return To Normal

Sixty-five days after my quintuple heart bypass life is back to 'Normal.'



Well, almost...  I'm still taking lots of pills and trying to regain my strength, but I'm getting there.  The on-going problem with my vein-donor leg is still an issue, and I'm scheduled for some ultrasounds over the next few days to see if circulation is okay.  Meanwhile, I'm to wear thigh-high compression stockings.

Plus, I just finished my third week of cardio rehab.  Nine more weeks to go.  I'm glad I signed up for it.

And I'm doing daily walks that when combined with my normal walking, total 3 miles or more according to my FitBit watch that also gives me other data, including weekly reports on my progress.  I try to add a few more steps each day.  So far, so good. 

But Dr. Aduli (my cardiologist) emphasized caution on what I do and avoid trying to do too much.

Even my ophthalmologist, Dr. McComiskey, said my vision after the cataract surgery in January was good.  I easily read the 20/25 line and later the 20/20 line as I relaxed.

I've really wanted to get back to doing some of the lawn care, making sawdust and just doing simple , but necessary, tasks around here.  Like, make a panel to fit into the garage window for the portable A/C we bought.  Seems to work just fine now.

And as of this morning I weigh 10 pounds less than I did going into surgery.  I'll continue with my efforts to lose some weight.

In spite of my leg problems, I actually feel pretty good.

No comments: