Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sixth Week Very Progressive

The rain continued off and on during the week but the workers went on with their work.  And they did a lot, including the rough-in electrical, lighting, plumbing, guest tub and natural gas.  Also, the roofing shingles were finished and some ridge tiles. The attic ventilation turban was also installed. And even the A/C is installed, vented to each room and ready to hooked up to the outside condensing unit.

The bricklayers may be there this coming week.

Here are some photos.

Monday



Tuesday



Wednesday




Thursday



Friday



Sunday






They are moving right along and every day it feels more and more like a house.  Meanwhile, we drove to New Orleans to confirm our choice for granite countertops.  We also picked out the wine chiller we want to install in the Beverage Center.  And we finalized the design of our new outdoor kitchen.  Yes, it was after we saw the roof line with the popular French Cottage look.  It just seemed natural to use the same roof line for the outdoor kitchen.  

I had planned to build it myself but we decided to see how much it would cost to have them build the structure itself and leave the cabinets for me to build.  We want it done right and with them building the structure it will greatly speed things up.

Sunday when we thought nothing would be happening became a surprise when Joyce and Allen called to say they were there sweeping up construction debris.  So we quickly joined them and about an hour later the place was looking half way good.  There's still some mud stuck to the floor but it will come up easily.  It felt good to walk around without so much debris about.  Thanks Joyce and Allen.

And it looks like I will be getting an EGO Battery Powered blower to go with my EGO Battery Powered Lawn Mower and String Trimmer and Edger I still have to purchase..  Yeah!  I know I said I wasn't going to be doing 'lawn-care' duties, but it seems that the HOA guy's large equipment does not do well for a 'manicured lawn' look.  What's another $1,000 when you just blew through lots of Thousands?  I just hope Bill Collectors can't get to me in Heaven.  That would be Heaven.

The upcoming 7th week is going to be exciting.  Especially if the builder has a good price on building our outdoor kitchen.  That would really make my day/week.


No comments: