Monday, January 23, 2023

Good Visit With My Cardiologist Today

I had been looking forward to my appointment with my cardiologist today.  This was like a check-up to see if I'm okay.  

He asked me if the Radio Frequency Ablation surgeries on my legs were working.  And I was able to answer an enthusiastic "Yes."  He noted that the formerly swollen legs looked fine and told me to keep doing what I'm doing.

Also, my heart and lung sounds were clear and strong, as were my aorta and other noise producers.    Even my EKG was perfect.

I also pointed out that I had lost 15 pounds, had returned to my exercises. And I had started seeing a therapist for my troublesome bladder.  And I was getting a Scleral Contact lens any day now for my good eye.  

I had given him one of my Christmas Cathedral Birdhouses just before Christmas, for "Saving my life." He came through the door thanking me for it.  He said his wife and daughter loved it.  

I see him again in two months.

Sweetie and I had not had lunch so we decided to celebrate with a Mexican lunch, and me a very large margarita that tasted wonderful after three weeks of not having alcohol.

Our good fortune did not stop there.  On the way to the restaurant, we went through a neighborhood with schools.  And, you guess it, Sweetie got stopped for 30 in a 15 mph school zone.  The Policeman was nice and reminded her of the school zone times, but let us go on.  Lesson learned, again...

And now we're tired and I'm about three winks from falling asleep.  But it was a good day.

No comments: