Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Time To Crow A Little

 Three days after Christmas, I weighed more than I have ever weighed in my life.  And if I didn't change something, I would set a new record the next day and the day(s) after that.  So I did something - I went on a low-carb diet.  

Although I was determined to make it work, I was also realistic in my goal, knowing full well that I would eventually cheat on it.  And I did cheat three days ago when I baked some bread for Sweetie's Crows.  She didn't buy bread for us, so the Crows didn't have any old bread to eat.  That's why I baked some bread in my $5 bread machine.

But the bread turned out so nice that I just had to have a small slice.  And a second one.  And some buttered toast.  I finally stopped or the birds would soon have nothing to eat.

Except for that incident and a couple of cookies a neighbor shared with us, I've been satisfied with whatever Sweetie came up with to eat.

Today is January 11th and I'm happy to post that I've lost 12.2 pounds so far, and Sweetie has lost 5 pounds.  

I think we can now set a goal to shoot for.  So by January 31st, I would like to have lost 30 pounds.  

Stay tuned.

No comments: