Saturday, May 16, 2020

Coronavirus Update

As of yesterday, May 15, 2020

According to the Louisiana Department of Health, 33,837 coronavirus cases have been reported in the state. There have also been 2,382 COVID-19 deaths recorded.


Neither Judy nor I were among them.  Today is starting off well.


Meanwhile, the Governor has lifted some of the precautions.


Louisiana moved to Phase One under the White House COVID-19 guidance yesterday, Friday, May 15, which removes the Stay at Home order for Louisianans and allows additional businesses to open under strict occupancy, protection, and social distancing guidelines, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced Monday. High-risk individuals should continue to stay at home, except for essential activities, like getting food or medical care.


Given that Judy and I are considered 'high-risk individuals' due to our age, we plan to stay at home as much as possible.  We both feel 'worn down' from the continuing threat from the virus and from the political games being played at our expense, including the White House's constant issuing of false or premature information about treatment and prevention.


To keep us busy, Judy has her stained glass and I have a couple of woodworking projects in the works.  I just wish I had more energy to do them.


I checked my temperature yesterday using one of the digital under-the-tongue thermometers and it showed me to be 96.1°.  Four subsequent checks showed me to be 96.5°, 96.7°, and 97.1°, all within about ten minutes' time.  I knew something was wrong, so I read the booklet that came with the thermometer to see if there was a way to calibrate the thermometer.  All it said was to "calibrate every two years.'  But it gave no instructions as to how I should do it.


So I checked the warranty and discovered it has a lifetime warranty.  That was a surprise, so I called the 800 number and a nice lady asked a few questions and determined that it was defective.  Another one will be in the mail free of charge.  Another plus for a seemingly, mostly negative period in our lives.


And my blood pressure wa122/45 this morning. 


I think it's going to be a really good day.






No comments: