Monday, October 07, 2019

Cardio Rehab completed

It took 144 days from my quintuple heart bypass surgery on May 14, 2019 until Friday morning, October 4,2019 when I finished my three months of rehab. Except for a week off to travel, and one day due to illness, I was there every day I was scheduled.
I feel better for it.
My thanks go out to the Cardio Rehab staff at Lakeview Regional Medical Center in Covington, Louisiana: Joann West, Staff Nurse, Renee Messenger, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, and Caleigh Dolese, Intern. Not only were they 'professionals' in every sense of the word, they made sure that I was doing what was needed to rebuild my muscles, my resolve and my understanding of my role in taking better care of myself. Plus, they were a joy to be involved in my life for the entire rehab period.
And they presented me with a 'Certificate of Completion' that will be added to my list of accomplishments in my lifetime, along with my 'Discharge Instructions.' It may sound odd, but they hope to never see me again. I took that to mean 'in the rehab center as a patient.'
That being said, I took the liberty to make it a special day.
First, I talked about the Big Green Egg so much that I just had to cook something for them. I decided on White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I realize they are not exactly into eating cookies, but I thought they may appreciate the fact that the Big Green Egg can also bake cookies.
I also wore my "I Survived Open Heart Surgery" shirt, but I added a sticker saying "And now I survived Cardiac Rehab."
Here are a few photos, including me cooking bacon and eggs for my graduation breakfast. I know... I know... And there was a huge Muddy Blary involved in both the cooking and eating of the breakfast.
Life is good after Cardio Rehab.










No comments: