Thursday, June 13, 2019

My Chevy Avalanche

After almost seventeen years I sold my 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z66.  It was a sad moment because I really loved that truck.



I was still working when I bought it new back in 2002, and put 30,000 miles on it the first year before being laid off work.  Almost all of those miles were commuting to and from work in Houston.  I retired shortly after that and decided to keep the truck,

Over the years we drove it to a few Eggfests around the country and used it to haul large and heavy loads of lumber and stone for occasional construction projects, or to landscape the lawn.  But not much else over those years.

As of yesterday it only had just over 103,000 miles on it.  And I had all of the service records on it.

And except for a few very minor scratches and bruises, it looked brand new.  It was a rare moment when it was not parked in our garage overnight during those years.

It was by far more comfortable to drive or ride in than any of the other cars we've had.  We even pulled a rental RV trailer or two with it and it performed the task easily.  But RVing wasn't our thing and we never pulled another trailer with it.

The guy who bought it had been asking me if I wanted to sell it ever since we moved here.  He already had one Chevy Avalanche that he used in his lawn mowing and landscaping business.  So we gave him first crack at buying it as well as a comfortable discount.  Within hours the deal was done and he was one proud new owner.

That being said, I'm sure I will miss it, but truth is we no longer need a truck or even a second vehicle.  And even if we did we could rent one for what we needed it to do.

But we will always appreciate the years that truck gave us.  It was good for us.


No comments: