Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Great Post-Surgery and Dental Check-Ups

Today's schedule started out with a 'first thing' visit to my cardiologist's office for a fasting full blood workup by the in-house LabCorps technician, followed by a quick 'look-see' of my leg wounds by my cardiologist's nurse practitioner, Jeff,  to make sure there was no more infection.

I did both without a hitch and was through in 20 minutes.  I like having this kind of prompt service.

The lab results should be ready by Monday.

Meanwhile, I gave the okay to set me up for cardio rehab at Lakeview Memorial Healthcare, the same hospital where my open heart surgery was done.  Not only are all my records close at hand, I already know some of the people who work in rehab.  They will be in touch with me to set up a schedule.

Thirty minutes later I was in my dentist's office for my first dental visit since visiting my dentist in Spring Texas back in June 2017.

Dr. 'Rocky' St. Pierre, not only did the most thorough first-visit exam I've ever had, he found no problems at all with my teeth.  I still have all of my teeth, including wisdom teeth, so there was a lot that could have needed attention.  That's one less worry to deal with.

He said I must come from good genes to have such good teeth.  But he noted that I must grind my teeth because there is ample evidence of it.  I try not to grind, but Judy says I do it constantly while driving.  At least I have an excuse for grinding them - traffic.

All that is needed is a cleaning visit, but he wants to check with my cardiologist first before setting it up.  It seems that any dental work too soon after surgery can result in some serious medical problems for me, including infection.  I'm good with that caution.

Also, Dr. Rocky, wants to review my previous dental records and will contact my dentist in Spring, Texas for copies of my file.  I like that he is thorough enough to do that extra step.

Judy and I came bearing gifts and Dr. Rocky, a fellow Egghead, was beside himself thrilled.  We gave him a bottle of Franklin BBQ sauce, and an assortment of Dizzy Pig sample pouches.

Then brunch at Mattina Bella Restaurant near downtown Covington.  They are known for their breakfasts and brunches.  We ate more than we should but it was very good.

And now we're home and I'm thinking 'nap' before anything else is scheduled.

Some days just start out good and get better.  This was one of them.


No comments: