Friday, July 28, 2023

Another Week, Another Surgery

 The title suggests that I'm walking on banana peels, but this time it's just a simple, "look-see" called a 'veinogram' to check the veins in my legs for narrowing or blockages. It's done in-house by my cardiologist and we should be home in time for dinner. 

He is obviously taking no chances with my health.  I like that in a doctor.

I just saw him last week and I'm fine. My numbers are good, but he took the opportunity to offer some encouragement for me to sit further back from my plate.  I took the suggestion seriously and I'm happy to say I've already lost 10 pounds since last week.

The only thing I can't seem to get fixed is my vision.  I never know if it will be a good day or not-so-good day vision-wise until I'm up and about for an hour or so.  To be safe, I still don't drive.  And if I have to go to my grave without ever driving again, so be it.  I'll play on my big screen computer until I can't see it and then wait for "The End."  

Meanwhile, I will keep trying to cook things I don't know how to cook, or maybe paint something I can't see.  I wish I had learned to play the guitar or piano.  But if I can't make music, I can sure listen to it.  Some would consider me lucky to be able to do that...

No comments: