Friday, February 24, 2023

Scleral Lens

 For the past two months, my latest eye doctor has been getting my hope up that "this one will be the right one" as to fitting the Scleral Lens.  Yesterday's visit was to try on the 5th lens.  Like the others, it fit well, was comfortable, and gave me hope.  But she decided to order another one due to a small bump on my eye surface that may be leaking tears into the space between the Scleral Lens and my Iris.  And the oily tears are clouding the fluid.  

But she told me to start wearing the 5th lens so I can get used to cleaning, inserting it in my eye, and removing it each day.  Needless to say, I was thrilled to be wearing it at home.  I must have read 50 car license plates for no other reason than I could actually read them,

And I couldn't wait this morning to insert the lens into my eye myself.  It went well and I was quite proud of myself.  I only wore it for five hours.  And I hated to take the lens out, but it was best.

Tomorrow, I will stay with the limited-wear program.  I sure don't want to take any chances at this point.

No comments: