Sunday, January 19, 2020

So Far, So Good in 2020

First of all, the weather this winter hasn't been nearly as bad as it could be.  One reason is that we've learned to not go outside when it's raining or cold.  But even the rain hasn't been bad, just wet.  And the cold only got down to 19° I believe they said.  And earlier this week it was warm enough for me to pressure wash The Coop and anything else that needed it.  So let's give the weather a 7 so far.

Next is our health.  Neither of us is sick, although we do have those annoying aches and pains from time to time. 

Judy is healthy and doing fine, except for some arthritis in her hands.

In my case, I've been getting good results from the only two issues at the moment.  The first issue involves my good eye.  I see fine, but the cataract debris leftover from my cataract surgery last year is still there after months of daily drops treatment and frequent doctor visits to keep tabs on my progress.  The debris is getting smaller and it doesn't bother me like it did at first.  It may take weeks or months for the rest to be absorbed by my body.  I'm not worried and give that an 8.

The other issue was that Squamous Cell Carcinoma that showed up on my heart-bypass donor leg.  The skin surgeon checked it last week and said I could stop coming for followup visits, as well as discontinue the bandages.  The leg is still a bit inflamed so I'll give that an 8 also. 

I also started a diet on January 1st and have lost 10 pounds.  But now I'm in that 'lull' when I neither lose or gain weight.  I'm still eating diet food and skipping the sinful foods that got me overweight in the first place.   (I really miss 'em too)

As for building stuff, I'm pretty much dead in the water.  About the only thing I built was a countertop easel for my new art hobby (yet to be started). 



But I did express my 'woodburning' skills on a practice board.  I can see myself liking woodburning as I get more experienced at it.



Oh, and I'm really starting to get interested in making cheese.  We'll see about that.  What I would rather make is a brisket.  A big one.  I can do that and even eat it if I stick with the Keto Diet.

We're leaving for Texas in about three weeks.  It will be our first trip back there.  This time to Fredericksburg for a gathering of some of the early Eggheads.  It won't be a traditional Eggfest type event.  It's more like we just sit around and talk about the good old days until someone gets an idea to do something else.  There's no telling what we'll end up getting into but I strongly suspect it will include adult beverages and food.  Yes, there will be a  visit stop along the way and probably multiple stops at Buc-ees and HEB stores on the way home.

Finally, LSU winning the National Championship made up for any bad days we may have had this year.  Geaux Tigers...











1 comment:

SUSSAN MORRIS said...

I’m here to testify about what Dr James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Holly Woodgate, on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr James on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr James for help via drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com or whatsapp +2348152855846