Thursday, January 24, 2019

Cataract Surgery Follow-up

Wow!  Things are so bright and clear!  I can see for miles and even see the small letters on my computer screen.  And that's with just one eye.  I'm thrilled, not to mention relieved.

Yes, the surgery to remove my cataract was a success.  But there were some issues that only showed up during surgery.  Namely, astigmatism.  Because of it being a major factor, I had to have a toric lens instead of the regular lens.  Pretty routine, especially in my situation with lots of scar tissue from the RK surgery a quarter century ago.

And the additional $800 made a deep dent in my wallet.  But it was worth it.

My follow-up visit to my ophthalmologist the next morning was great.  I could read the 20/25 line and a couple of letters on the 20/20 line.  He said my vision would be even better after the swelling goes down.  I can't even imagine what 20/20 vision is going to be like.  But I'm sure looking forward to it.  Maybe I won't be so nervous about driving now that I can actually see the road LOL...

The only problem was some pressure in the eyeball itself.  Very common, he said.  But it was giving me one heck of a headache.  He put some drops in to lower the pressure and the headache started to go away almost immediately.  I'm to take the drops for a few more days and return next week for a pressure check.  My headache is gone, so I'm not worried.

I was pretty sure that by choosing 'distant vision' as opposed to 'close vision' I would have to wear glasses to read.  Imagine my surprise when I sat down at the computer late the second day and I could read the small print on the screen of my laptop.  It's even easier on my desktop computer.

Now I can focus on my diet.  I gained two pounds celebrating my successful surgery.  Got that to lose, plus ten more pounds before I brag about my success at dieting.

Right now I'm one happy guy...


No comments: