Saturday, December 01, 2018

Forty-Fifth Anniversary

Over the years I must have told a million people that I won my Sweetie in a poker game in New Orleans back in 1973.  I think half those people believe me and the other half hasn't fully decided if the story is true or not.  Most don't doubt it could have happened considering my past life.  I was a rascal, for sure. 

No matter, because we celebrate the day, December 1st, 1973, as the official day we were legally married, in both the Eyes of God and The State of Louisiana.



I have to say, it was a good move as evidenced by 45 years of absolute love and devotion to each other.  We wouldn't change a thing, even if some of it could have been made easier if we planned our life together better.  But instead of being wealthy in money we are wealthy in memories and friends.

It could not have worked out any better.  She is the main player on this team. 

We both wish for 45 more years, but knowing that it may not happen, we are thankful for every moment we have shared together all these years, and for any and all of the years to come.

Thanks also to all who have grown with us and wish us more of the same.  We can handle 45 more years with easy grace but forty-five years from now we may not know who the people are helping us celebrate it.

Leroy   AKA Mr. Judy.

No comments: