Thursday, June 11, 2015

Great Doctor Visit

I see all of my doctors at least once a year, some twice a year and some four times a year.  I like going to them to make sure I'm in good shape, not wait until I'm in bad shape.

Yesterday was my semi-annual visit to my cardiologist.  We met on January 18, 2007 by 'heart attack.'  He was Director of the Heart Surgery Center at Houston Northwest Medical Center the night Judy drove me to the Emergency Room.  And he just happened to be there at the hospital.  From that moment on, we were an inseparable pair: Doctor and Patient.  And it wasn't long, we were friends who received hugs every time we visited him.

The thing we like about him is his genuine concern for my health.  He takes the time to discuss, to answer, to explain, to show us what is sometimes difficult to understand.  And although he suggests that I lose weight and exercise, he doesn't jump my case about it.  He knows that we know the consequences of a poor diet and lack of exercise.

But I'm always pleased to hear him say I'm in good shape.  As was the case yesterday.


No comments: