Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back Surgery it is

The Lyrica they tried to stop my leg and foot pain only partially worked when it worked, and often not at all.  Plus, it was treating me to a bunch of its negative and very unpopular side effects. 

So I called to schedule the Plan B alternative, surgery.  The correct term for it is 'Bilateral L5/S1 Lumbar Decompression, or Laminectomy, or for those who don't want to look it up, it's one of the more common back surgeries in America, especially among over weight and couch potatos like me.

Hopefully, it will eliminate the pressure on my nerve bundle that is causing all this pain and lifestyle disruption.

It's scheduled for January 29th.  I should be home the next day.

Then I'm not to lift anything or do anything that might aggrivate the situation for 4 to 6 weeks, including driving or even riding in a car for long distances.  Given that the Salado Eggfest is in six weeks, it will be close but not enough to worry about.

Meanwhile, I will just keep using Lyrica until it's fixed.







No comments: