Monday, April 15, 2024

We've Been Busy

Growing older makes doing the "hard stuff" more "impossible" than just "difficult."  At least for me.  But Sweetie keeps at it, and only occasionally asks for my help.  Or, sometimes, help from a neighbor.

The good news is that whatever needs doing, gets done - eventually.

Today seemed to be a good day to clean windows.  Not to make a fuss about it, I just used the window cleaning tool and some spray-on 'streak-free' cleaner that worked quite well, followed by a dry cloth wipedown that left the windows crystal clear.  The outside world looks much nicer now.

Last week, I clay-bared the car.  I had never heard of such a thing until a couple of years ago, and even then I could not believe that a clay-like substance would bring back the shine of a car.  

I had mentioned that I might try it, and he was kind enough to buy me a kit containing the clay-bars and spray-on liquid, along with micro towels.  And just as he said it would, it worked.  I was totally amazed at how well it worked, not to mention how easy it was to apply.  Now our eight-year-old car looks showroom shiny again.

I also pressure-washed the Coop and any other painted areas that were starting to get mold.  There was also a lot of Saraha Desert dusst on everything, not to mention pollen.  Looks great.

I'm, still having a bit of a vision problem, so I have been hesitant to use my tablesaw to make anything out of wood.  But Sweetie asked if I could just make a basic birdhouse without all the frills.  She wanted to cover it with stained glass.  That - I could do, and did quickly, without the loss of blood or body parts.  It felt good to do it, and now that she is applying her stained glass magic to it, I'm sure I could make more.

I see (pun intended) my optometrist this week and will ask her if I need better quality 'reader glasses' than those sold in drugstores.  Maybe I can see better with better glasses. 




No comments: