Monday, November 14, 2022

Bread - My New Challenge

 Bread - "The Staff of Life" for humans for thousands of years. 

Every culture in human history has some form of bread in its list of foods.  Many even consider bread an important part of their religious practice and tradition.

And to complicate the matter, there are literally thousands of ways to make bread.  

Needless to say, not all bread recipes turn out the same..   Some are better than others, and some last a very long time.

Anyone responsible for cooking food for themselves, their family, or even an army, knows how to make bread.  Some meals just can't be complete without bread.

The list of how bread is actually used is endless.  Not only is it used as food, it is even used as art.

So why am I challenged by this simple but clearly the greatest of all foods?  

For the past twenty years, I've been working on becoming a bread-maker, a "Baker" if you will.  During that time I had some successes, but non that I could duplicate repeatedly.  I blame most of my failures on not following recipes, but I'm seriously beginning to think Magic may be involved.  And I'm willing to learn magic, if that's what it takes.  

Meanwhile, this is my bread today.  It's pretty, and even a little tasty, but it's just not quite right.



I'll keep working on it.

 

No comments: