Sunday, April 10, 2022

Jena Times Ran My Cut Arm While Roller Skating Story


 What a nice surprise.  The Editor of Catahoula News Booster asked if it was okay for some of my stories to be shared with the Jena Times, another local weekly newspaper with a substantial history.  Of course, I said yes. 

Jena is the largest town in Lasalle Parish, and borders Catahoula Parish.  We have a lot in common, especially when it comes to family.    In fact, Lasalle Parish was created long ago by splitting Catahoula Parish in half.  Depending on who you ask, one of the 'halves' is better than the other, but it's not worth fighting about.

I finally learned which story they were interested in publishing - "Cut My Arm While Roller Skating" and for good reason.  The boy who saved my life lives there in Jena and is well known by everyone.  They just didn't know that he was a hero who saved a friend's life three-quarters of a century ago.  Now they do.  

Thanks, Jena Times.  I've got people telling me to send this story to AARP and Readers Digest.  Maybe we should.

Here is the link to the Jena Times lead-in to the story.

https://www.thejenatimes.net/leroy-mcmillin



The 

No comments: