Sunday, February 17, 2019

Wagyu Steak

Well, I finally had me some Wagyu Steak. And I want some more. It is wonderful.

All thanks to our long-time Egghead friend, Gene Skillin (aka Crimson Gator), from Jacksonville, Florida when he and his friend, Tim, stopped here for the night on their way to a steak cook-off contest in Katy, Texas. He stopped at a place in Pensacola and bought the steaks from someone he knew had good steak.

I thought at the time, if his entry in the cook-off is anything like what he fed us, he'll win. Just a couple of weeks ago he won the state championship in Florida, so he would definitely be the one to defeat.

Alas, he came in 3rd. First place winner was a former World Steak Cooking Champion. Yes, I can only imagine....

They drove all the way back to Covington for the night, arriving here about midnight. We left the door unlocked for them.

I'll never be a competitor on the food-cooking circuit, but I enjoyed learning what it takes to be a good judge at cooking contests. Tim has been doing it for a long time and is well respected by competitors and other judges alike. He was kind enough to say my Magnum Loads had everything the judges look for in a contest for snacks and "would win hands-down." He definitely ate a mess of 'em.

New Coop is sure getting a great workout, and we're loving it. Here are a few photos of their visit.

























































































Here's the video of it:  https://youtu.be/TKqUL-S47fI



No comments: