Friday, January 12, 2018

Leroy's Elevator

As we get more and more comfortable in New House, there are two large projects that I particularly wanted done. 

The first was to build a new outdoor kitchen, now referred to as New Coop, to not only serve as a place to cook on our Big Green Eggs, but also our Blackstone Grill, while also serving as a gathering spot for entertaining.  I have the plans drawn and approved by the Homeowner's Association, the slab poured, the plumbing, electrical, and natural gas stubbed out, and I'm ready to get on with it as soon as the other major project is finished.

The other project is a freight elevator into the garage attic.  Yes, an elevator - not one of those 'lifts' that work like a motorized 'sling.'  I wanted something that was built strong enough and safe enough for me to ride along on the elevator if necessary.

The elevator project is now almost complete.  Just some tweaking and cosmetic work remains and it will be finished.

It has already delivered its first load into the attic, a very heavy box filled with Mardi Gras beads.  They were much too heavy for me to hand-carry up that flimsy folding attic ladder, so they remained on the garage floor, always in the way until they became the first to ride the Leroy Elevator.

I will make a detailed video of the Leroy Elevator's construction after I finish, but for now I thought I would share this short video of the elevator hoisting its first load into the attic.

Leroy Elevator First Load






No comments: