Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I Hate Colds

Once again the common cold took me down, this time forcing me to miss all but a couple of very uncomfortable hours of the Salado Eggfest that I waited and prepared for all year.  I spent most of it in my hotel room in bed under the covers and mercifully asleep for a few fleeting minutes between bouts of extreme coughing and hacking.

Yesterday, after three weeks of it I finally saw my doctor.

It turns out that what felt like a cold was due to a seriously congested lung, moderate bronchitis and a sinus infection.  And that is just the leftovers from what was probably even worse at its peak.

An in-office anti-bacterial injection and a nasal/chest inhalation treatment and a handful of kick-ass prescriptions has put me on the road to relief, and hopeful recovery.  I sure feel better after only a few hours.

Until now I haven't been in any frame of mind to be social during the course of this #%&@ cold, or whatever the heck it's called.

Now we have to prepare for the Athens Eggfest on April 11th.  I think I should be well by then.


No comments: