Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I've Been Cooking And Learning New Stuff Again

I'm not a big fan of cold winter days, especially those that involve any kind of moisture or wind.

Since January 1st, the first couple of weeks were like that, but things started to get better after a bit. That put me in the frame of mind to cook a few things, which all turned out pretty well.

I found two recipes for bread that seemed simple enough for even me to follow, so I tried them. Here are some photos:






I also smoked a turkey ham.



Made some homemade butter and buttermilk.



Used the homemade butter and buttermilk to make some buttermilk pancakes.




I even smoked some cheese.




And just this morning I tried cooking some Old-Fashioned Cornmeal Mush.

It didn't turn out quite like I remembered it from my Boy Scout days.  So I'm saving some to pan fry tonight to see if that helps.  I really don't expect it to.

No comments: