Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My Avalanche Had An Expensive Problem

Let me start off by saying I love my 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z66 and have loved it since we drove it off the lot brand new.  Now it's going on twelve years old and even though it only has 90,000 miles on it, there are some little issues popping up.  For example, a $3000 transmission and a $300 upholstery repair last year.  And today, a $1300 fuel pump replacement and fuel filter and injector cleaning and something else I was told it needed.

It was not an expense we counted on after just buying the new Toyota Avalon Hybrid.  We thought the truck could just sit in the comfort of the garage until needed for a man-size job.  So I'll have to work it a bit more to pay for the new fuel pump.  That's okay.  It has and will serve me well for a long time.

It still looks good too.




No comments: