Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Salmon on the Egg


A couple of days ago I smoked a salmon filet on the Big Green Egg and it turned out great. I spread some honey on the meaty side of the salmon and sprinkled liberably with some Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk seasoning. I pre-heated the Egg to 375° and threw in some smoking wood chips. I used the raised grid with a drip pan underneath. I put a cup of water in the drip pan, laid the salmon on the upper grid and let it cook/smoke for one hour. Then I shut the top and bottom vents and let the Egg cool slowly to 200° over the next two hours. I basted the salmon every thirty minutes with a honey & bourbon glaze and again when I took it off. Let it cool a few minutes and served it. Fantastic! Even my neighbors liked it and insist that we do it again soon.

Spring Chicken

No comments: