Saturday, May 29, 2010

Judy is officially retired

Yes, I know it is before June 4th, her original 'last day.'  But her boss was kind enough to tell her to go home and don't come back on Thursday, May 27th.  Not only did he send her packing a week early, he made a nice little goodbye speech and presented her with yet another token of appreciation, a very nice check for a job well done and wish for a wonderful future. 

The timing was perfect too because we had friends from New Orleans arriving later in the evening.

And wouldn't you know it, by 10:00 the next morning she wanted to go to the Social Security office to make sure her application for Social Security was completed properly.  The nice lady explained a few things we didn't know, corrected a couple of things in the application and promised a check deposit in our account in Mid September.  Good idea to visit with them.

So my Sweetie and Soul Mate is now mine and only mine forever.

And what has she done since Friday, her official first day of retirement?  Rearranged the kitchen, organized the maze of computer wires in our office, and planned a whole slew of projects for us.  I think I'm in trouble.  But I'm going to love doing it because my Sweetie is by my side all day, every day.

Ain't life grand?

No comments: