Sunday, March 19, 2017

St. Patrick's Day

We pulled off another fun St. Patrick's Day by wearing our 'green' to the H.E.B. Super Market where we got lots of smiles and comments, then to our favorite Mexican restaurant where we probably looked a little out of place, but who cares...  Then to Lowe's where one of the checkout ladies insisted on having her picture taken with us.

Meanwhile, I had been cooking a corned beef brisket flat in the sous vide for 48 hours to sear and cut up with some cabbage for a traditional Irish Dinner.  I also baked some Irish Soda Bread to go with it, and naturally, I had to make me some Irish Coffee.

It was a fun day, and I made videos to prove it.

Here's the dinner video: Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner

And here's the Irish Soda Bread video: Irish Soda Bread

It's fun being Irish.


No comments: