Friday, May 13, 2016

On Turning 75

Remember that old saying, "If I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself!"



Well, here I am.  On May 8th I turned 75.  Still alive and wondering where the time went.

In fact, it looks like I will live another year.  Says so on my Texas Driver's License - "Expires May 2017"  Nice of them to let me know.

I'm told I don't look or act like a 75 year old.  Yet.  So maybe I'm doing everything right.  I try to but all that stuff about diet and exercise doesn't set too well with me.  Although I do try to do it on occasion, and lose weight in the process, I kinda drift back into what I do best, eat what I want and do what I feel like doing.  There seems to be reward in both and I'm not dead yet.  So it must be working.

Anyway, for the past 44 years I have been sharing my birthday with my Sister-in-Law, Joyce.  I suppose we shared birthdays before that too, but I only met her when I met her sister Judy, who soon became the 'everything' in my life.  Still is.

So every year about this time, there's some kind of special event planned for Joyce and me.  It usually involves cake and travel, sometimes really long travel, and presents, and fun.  And this year was no different, but there were a couple of other things to celebrate: Joyce finally turned 65 and I turned 75, but she also celebrated Mother's Day and her retirement.  That called for a really big party.  And it was held on Sunday, May 8th, 2016 at Michelle and David's house in Metairie, Louisiana.  There were a lot of people there to help celebrate.  We all had fun.

And here's just a few of the 300+ photos we took.  So sit back for a few minutes and watch.  Press here:  Birthday Party


No comments: