Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Natchez Trace Parkway

On the return from the Porkopolis Eggfest in Cincinnati, I decided to do something I always wanted to do - drive the full length of the Natchez Trace Parkway, all 444 miles of it.



Historically, the Natchez Trace was the first 'Interstate Hwy' of any significance in America.  People of all walks of life traveled it for hundreds of years, perhaps even thousands of years.

I grew up in Louisiana near Natchez and spent a lot of time exploring the Natchez end of the Trace after a short segment was made into a Parkway.  Eventually, the Parkway extended all the way to Nashville, Tennessee and became, in my opinion, a treasured asset for the future and a wonderful way to explore the past.

I  took lots of photos along the way and I'm still sorting them.  I will add them to this post very soon.  I promise.

I'm back.  It took a while but here's a little 5 minute video collection of some of our photos of the Natchez Trace Parkway drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_4caxj9FgM&list=UUd8OXP_tkp28l2eMVZJHBXg

By the way, it was worth every mile of it.

No comments: