Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Happy 72nd Birthday to Me

Well, I made it to 72, not that I didn't expect it.  I come from pretty good blood lines and my Texas driver's license clearly says I don't expire until May 2017.  And yes, I will take advantage of the renewal provision when the time comes. 

Meanwhile, I'm going into 72 in reasonably good health according to all my doctors.  More times than not, they just say "keep doing what I'm doing."

Tonight we're celebrating with some Mexican food, including a couple of margaritas.  There will likely be some pineapple upside down cake involved afterward because my Sweetie made one for me.

All day long I've received happy birthday wishes by phone, email, Facebook and on the Green Eggers Forum.  Everyone sounded sincere with their good wishes.  I even bought a Lottery ticket with my birthday numbers on it.  Yes, just one.  Any more would be throwing money away.

And to top it off, I still look good for 72.  Take a look.  It's okay to agree with me.

No comments: